Bragg Memorial Stadium and The Galimore-Powell Field House

Named after: Father and son team of J.B. "Jubie" and Eugene Bragg (Considered the fathers of Rattler Football)

Eugene Bragg coached the Rattlers during the early 1930s and 1940s.

Originally built: 1957 (state appropriations)

Original capacity: 10,700

Original amenities: Contained a dirt track

Renovation: 1980

Renovations: Expanded press box, press box elevator, the field was lowered by six feet to accomodate the drain and sprinkler systems, two electronic scoreboards were added.

Current capacity: 25,500

In 2009, the Rattler Boosters added an advanced scoreboard with video playback.

Galimore-Powell Field House

Opened: February 1983

Named after: Willie Galimore- FAMU football great. He was a four-time All-American. Drafted by the Chicago Bears in 1956. Professional career was ended early due to a car wreck that took his life. Considered potentially one of the greatest running backs the NFL has ever seen.

Nathaniel "Traz" Powell was an outstanding end for the Rattlers in the late 1940s. Powell was elected to the FHSAA All-Century football team. Powell, who was the first black athlete to score a touchdown in the Orange Bowl stadium, went on to become one of the top coaches in the pre-integration Florida Interscholastic Athletic Association. He compiled a 167-37-3 career record over 21 years from 1949 through 1969 as head coach at Miami's Carver and Mays high schools. The football stadium at Miami-Dade College was renamed in his honor in 1988.

Special features of Galimore-Powell Field House: Deep well whirlpool, player locker room, coaches offices, meeting rooms, referees locker room, weight room, equipment and laundry room, visiting team locker room.