TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (Nov. 28) - The FAMU Women's Bowling Team will make a bid to move up in the MEAC standings this weekend, as they host the league's second Southern Division Tournament of the year, Saturday and Sunday at the Galimore Bowling Lanes in the University Student Union.
FAMU (17-17, 2-4 in MEAC) is presently in third place in the four-team Southern Division, trailing defending champion North Carolina A&T (26-21, 5-1), and Norfolk State (12-6, 4-2). Bethune-Cookman (5-27, 1-5) is in fourth place.
The Rattler Women have been off since the Alabama State Hornet Classic in Montgomery, Nov. 17-19 in Montgomery, Ala., where they posted a 5-7 overall record, going 3-2 in Traditional play, and 2-5 in the Baker rounds.
Bethany Noel (184.307) led the way for FAMU in the ASU Tourney, rolling a team-high game of 233.
MEAC Southern Divisional Bowling Schedule #2
Friday-Sunday, December 1-3, 2017 * Galimore Lanes *
Florida A&M University * Tallahassee, FL
- Friday, December 1st - Practice time Friday 5:15p-6:30p
- Saturday, December 2 -Day 1 of competition -
- 8:45am Coaches meeting (Rattler Den)
- 9:00am - National Anthem, Introduction of Teams & Senior Recognition
- 9:15am – Practice and Start
- Saturday, December 2 - Day 1 Continued - 12:45 p.m.
- 3 games baker total pins
- 12:45p (approx.) – Start Practice and matches cont.
- Sunday, December 3 -Day 2 of competition
- 9:00am Practice and start